What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
Why do our services use these technologies?
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Authentication and security:
- To log you into Litebase.
- To protect your security.
- To let you view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Litebase rules.
- For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Litebase and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
- For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with Litebase content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Litebase. On Litebase, we can also customize content based on your country, such as showing you what topics are trending near you or to withhold certain content based on applicable local laws.
- Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services, including Litebase buttons and widgets, and Litebase Ads.
- Personalized content:
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- For example, local storage tells us which parts of your Litebase timeline you have viewed already so that we can show you the appropriate new content. Cookies can help us make smarter and more relevant suggestions about who you might enjoy following based on your visits to websites that have integrated Litebase embeds, including embedded timelines.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Litebase and visits to our ad partners' websites.
- We also work with third-party advertising partners, including Google, to market our services and serve ads on behalf of our advertisers, including through the delivery of interest-based ads.
- Personalization across devices:
- By better understanding how devices are related, we can use information from one device to help personalize the Litebase experience on another device.
- When you log in to Litebase on a device, we associate that device with your Litebase account. Whether or not you are logged in to Litebase, we may also receive information about your devices when, for example, that information is shared by a partner; you visit Litebase.xyz; you visit third-party websites that integrate Litebase content, or you visit a Litebase advertiser’s website or mobile application. We may use this information, most commonly IP addresses and the time at which the information was received, to infer that certain devices are associated with one another, including the devices on which you log in to Litebase.
Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds, including embedded timelines. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.
What are my privacy options?
- To control whether Litebase stores information about other websites where you've seen Litebase content, adjust the Track where you see Litebase content across the web setting in your Personalization and data settings. If you have this setting disabled or are in the European Union or the EFTA States, Litebase will not store or use such web page visits to improve your experience in the future. If we’ve previously stored your web browsing history, your experience may continue to be personalized based on information already inferred from that history.
- If you do not want Litebase to show you interest-based ads on and off of Litebase there are several ways to turn off this feature:
- Using your Litebase Cloud settings, visit the Personalization and data settings and adjust the setting Personalize ads.
- If you are on the web, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool at optout.aboutads.info to opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising from Twitter in your current browser.
- If you do not want Litebase to show you interest-based ads on Litebase for iOS on your current mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings.
- If you do not want Litebase to show you interest-based ads in Litebase for Android on your current mobile device, enable “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings.
- To control personalization across devices on Litebase, visit your Personalization and data settings and adjust the Personalize across all your devices setting. This will control whether we link your account to browsers or devices other than the ones you use to log into Litebase (or if you’re logged out, whether we link the browser or device you’re currently using to any other browsers or devices).
- To control interest-based advertising from certain third-party advertising partners, you can learn more about opting out of receiving interest-based ads at optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If you are on the web, you can also opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt-out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Litebase may not work properly if you disable cookies entirely. For example, you cannot log into Litebase.xyz or cloud.litebase.xyz if you've disabled all cookie use.
Note: Please confirm that you are logged in if you want to view or change the web settings for your Litebase account. Changing your Litebase settings in your web browser when you are logged out will only affect behavior on that browser while you are not logged in to Litebase.